Happy New Year from Southern California Appraisal Services.
New California Laws 2014:
Homeowners whose residence is more than 20 years old will have to install low-flow plumbing fixtures when they do any major remodeling. SB 407. Bill was passed in 2009, but implementation date was delayed.
• Low-emission and zero-emission vehicles with just a driver may continue to use car pool lanes until 2019. Assembly Bill 266 and Senate Bill 286.
• Drivers who find parking meters broken will no longer be ticketed. AB 61.
• Teenagers under the age of 18 may not text while driving, even if using so-called “hands free’ devices that allow voice-command messages. SB 194.
• Counties may voluntarily hike vehicle registration fees by $1 to pay for anti-theft programs. AB 767.
• Motorists may order a special $50 “Snoopy” license plate to raise money for museums. AB 482 (Carried by Assemblywoman Toni Atkins, D-San Diego.)
• Motorists are required to leave three-feet of space when passing bicyclists starting Sept. 16. AB 1371.
read more at: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/Dec/31/new-laws-change-gun-immigrant-and-abortion-rights/?#article-copy